Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 7 August 2008) . . Page.. 3157 ..
• Murray Crescent close to Furneaux Street - isolated 22/04/2008 and reconnected on the 19/06/2008.
4. Street Lights on Oxley, Dawes and Eyre Streets in Kingston were isolated between February 2008 and June 2008 to enable a contractor to undertake repair work.
5. ActewAGL has advised that the reconnection was completed on 11 June 2008.
6. The question of negligence does not arise.
ACTION bus service—branding
(Question No 2125)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 2 July 2008:
(1) In relation to the newly designed branding for ACTION Buses and the introduction of the new logo and livery, can the Minister confirm that only new buses entering the fleet will be coloured according to the new green and white livery with the new ACTION logo;
(2) Can the Minister outline the approximate monetary cost required to paint new ACTION buses and confirm if this is paid by ACTION;
(3) In relation to part (1), can the Minister confirm whether ACTION has recently purchased any Renault PR series buses as part of its regular fleet replacement program, and accordingly introduced the new livery on these recently purchased buses;
(4) In relation to part (3), can the Minister explain why older model buses such as Renault PR have been branded with the new “green and white” livery and logo;
(5) How many buses in total have been retro branded and what is the total monetary cost that has been spent on this exercise.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. All new buses entering the fleet will be coloured according to the new livery. However, there are six buses from the existing fleet that have been coloured (vinyl wrapped) with ACTION’s white/green livery colours as an advertisement to promote public transport and ACTION’s new network.
With regard to the logo, all new buses will have the new logo. In addition, all ACTION’s current green and white fleet will have the new logo emblazoned upon them.
2. (i) When purchased as part of the fleet procurement process, the itemised cost to paint an individual bus is approx. $1,500 per bus.
(ii) Yes, this cost is paid by ACTION as part of the procurement process.
3. No, ACTION has not recently purchased any Renault PR series buses. However, some Renault PR series were part of vinyl wrapped buses outlined in Q1.