Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 10 April 2008) . . Page.. 1392 ..
Public service—Indigenous employees
(Question No 1978)
Dr Foskey asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 6 March 2008 (redirected to the Treasurer):
(1) How many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are or have been employed by the Office of Revenue since 2001-02;
(2) How many of those outlined in part (1) have (a) made complaints about discrimination in the work place and (b) had their employment terminated;
(3) Does the ACT Government permit officers, who are subject to a grievance, being able to terminate the employment of an officer who lodged that grievance;
(4) Does the ACT Government permit managers in non-personnel related areas to investigate the work history and background of their superiors;
(5) Is the ACT Government of the view that a department should be bound by a response to a letter signed by a senior executive within that department who had authority to write and sign that letter.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
Continuing resolution 10 of the Standing Orders states that cases in which proceedings are active in the courts shall not be referred to in any motion, debate or question. As the Revenue Management Division has employed only one officer since 2001 2002 who has voluntarily identified themselves as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, it is clear that this question on notice relates to the individual and matters that are the subject of criminal proceedings. There is no basis under the Standing Orders for these matters, and by implication the legal proceedings, to be referred to in a question. Accordingly, an answer cannot be provided.
(Question No 1980)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 6 March 2008:
(1) Can the Minister confirm that development approval under section 222 of the Land (Planning and Environment) Act 1991 requires the processing of sections 229 and 230, as ruled in AT 06/58, ACTAAT 30, 17 October 2006;
(2) Are the same processing of sections 229 and 230 required for the approval under section 247 (amendments) of the Act;
(3) Can the Minister confirm that all approvals made under the Buildings (Design and Siting) Act 1964 (BDSA) and the Building Act 1972 remain with the dates of those approvals, and cannot be brought forward, as ruled in AT 06/58;
(4) Has the ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA) adjusted its processes to obey all the above Administrative Appeals Tribunal rulings;