Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 24 November 2005) . . Page.. 4698 ..
(Question No 713)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 19 October 2005:
(1) If Housing ACT does not refer tenants to the Conflict Resolution Service (CRS), why is a Service Purchasing contract in place between the CRS and Housing ACT for $21 725 over three years;
(2) If the funding allocation is not specifically for conflict resolution, what is the Service Purchasing contract funding provided for.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Housing ACT does refer tenants to Conflict Resolution Service where appropriate.
(2) See above.
Government shop front services
(Question No 715)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 20 October 2005:
(1) Why were there problems in the operation of ACT Government shop front computer systems during the week of 26 to 30 September;
(2) What services were affected at the shop fronts;
(3) Did the problems affect all Government shop fronts; if not, what shop fronts were affected;
(4) How many customers were affected by these problems;
(5) What were customers told when it was realised that some services offered to them were not available;
(6) What procedures were put in place to prevent customers from being unfairly treated by the relevant authorities due to the inability to issue drivers licenses and other products or services;
(7) How long did the faults prevent the shop fronts from operating at their full efficiency;
(8) Have these problems occurred before; if so, why have they occurred again;
(9) What has been done to ensure that these problems do not occur again;
(10) What is the estimated cost of repairs that were needed to rectify the problems identified and has everything been undertaken that is needed to guarantee the professional operation of shopfront services; if not, why not.