Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 24 November 2005) . . Page.. 4695 ..
(6) It is a requirement of Australian Accounting Standard 28 (Statement of Cash Flows) for the annual financial statements to include a reconciliation of the amount of cash shown in the Statement of Cash Flows to relevant cash amounts included in the Statement of Financial Position. The Treasury developed Model Financial Statements provides an example disclosure of this reconciliation.
Public service—annual reports
(Question No 707)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 19 October 2005:
(1) What was the cost of preparing the 2004-2005 (a) interim and (b) final annual reports from the Community and Health Services Complaints Commissioner;
(2) Were there any amendments made in the final report; if so, why have these changes not been identified; if not, why was there a need to produce the final or second report that Members received;
(3) Why weren’t Members of the Legislative Assembly informed that the original report they received was an interim report, pending the preparation of the final report.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The cost of preparing the 2004-05 annual report was $11,609 (layout and editing - $7,418 and publishing - $4,191). Fifty printed copies for the purposes of distribution out of session were produced at a cost of $579.70.
(2) After the printed copies were distributed out of session some small editorial changes were made in the later final proof process for publishing. No amendments were made to the Commissioner’s account of the operations of the Office, apart from the most minor editing. Some minor changes were made to three illustrative case studies to ensure anonymity and to refine the narrative.
(3) The Commissioner produced on annual report and was unaware that the published copies of the annual report tabled in October must be exactly the same as the printed copies of the annual report distributed out of session.
(Question No 708)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 19 October 2005:
What was the purpose of the $10 679 funding allocation to Northside Community Service in relation to the decommissioning of Currong Apartments.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The purpose of the funds was to provide support and assistance to public and community housing residents during the decommissioning of Currong Apartments.