Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 20 October 2005) . . Page.. 4013 ..
• Funding of $830 000 was provided to Billabong Aboriginal Corporation under the Community housing program (2002 – 03 and 2003- 04) to purchase three properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
• In addition to the above, $3.2m of the $33.2m 3rd Appropriation for 2003-04 was identified for the provision of a hostel/boarding house style of accommodation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
• The Department over the last few years has also provided an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth Accommodation Service, Dyiramal Migay, managed by Winnungah Nimmityah jointly funded from Supported Accommodation Assistance Program and the Commonwealth-State Housing Agreement. Funding for this service is:
• 2002-03: $12 851
• 2003-04: $240 229
• 2004-05: $209 500
• The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Liaison Service managed by Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service, which supports indigenous people find culturally appropriate housing options, has been funded as follows:
• 2002-03: $51 125
• 2003-04: $51 403
• 2004-05: $52 687
• Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service also received a grant of $26 265 under the 2004-05 Carer Recognition Grants Program for provision of culturally appropriate support and counselling for Aboriginal carers. The 2005-06 Carer Recognition Grants Program has recently been announced, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers are included as a priority group for projects to be funded.
• The Community Services Program funded public radio, 2XXfm, the amount of $57 096 during 2003-04 to broadcast information about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to reduce a sense of isolation by improved access to information about the Canberra community. Funding of $21 660 was provided again in 2004-05 for the same purpose.
In the areas of the portfolio where services to indigenous people and families are provided as part of general service delivery, it is not possible to provide information about expenditure for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
1 Table A1.1, page 83, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Disability Support Services 2003-04, Canberra: AIHW 2005
Ginninderra high school
(Question No 562)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 26 August 2005: