Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 22 September 2005) . . Page.. 3700 ..
(1) Where and what was delivered for the $212 000 of capital expenditure on the “Playground safety program 2004-05” as at the end of the March quarter;
(2) Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of 2004-05; if so, where and what was delivered for that expenditure and what was the total amount of expenditure as at the end of 2004-05;
(3) Were there any funds rolled over for this project into the 2005-06 financial year; if so, how much of that funding has been expended to date this financial year and what has been delivered for that expenditure;
(4) If there is no rolled over amount, why not;
(5) If there are outstanding improvements to be made to playgrounds from the 2004-05 budget, where and what are the outstanding improvements;
(6) Was there new funding allocated to playground safety improvements in the 2005-06 budget; if so, how much and what, if any, of that budget, has been expended; if not, why not;
(7) Is there a list or schedule of improvements for the current financial year; if so, where are the sites that improvements will be made.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) $200 000 was advanced to ACT Procurement Solutions (Project Director) to cover expenditure and money committed for expenditure for the design, documentation, tender preparation and anticipated works for the upgrade of nine playgrounds programmed for upgrade in 2004-05. The remaining $12 000 was expended by the end of the third quarter of 2004-05 to deliver the following works:
• Swing replacement in Oxley
• Landscaping and Engineering design and sketch plans for the upgrade of the giraffe swing at Yerrabi District Park
• An item of play equipment upgraded at Kippax Shopping Centre playground
• Infant swing seats installed at the local playgrounds in Fisher, Hughes, Lyneham, O’Connor, Pearce and Warramanga.
(2) Yes, a further $288 000 was advanced to ACT Procurement Solutions in the final quarter. Upgrade construction work was completed in the 2004-05 final quarter at the following playgrounds:
• Wakefield Gardens, Ainslie
• Hackett Gardens, Turner
• Canaway Place, Evatt
• Strumm Place, Latham
• Bowling Place, Spence
• Hansen Circuit, Isaacs
• Florey Drive, Latham
The full $500 000 budget was expended or advanced to ACT Procurement Solutions (Project Director) by the end of 2004-05 financial year.
(3) No funds were rolled over into the 2005-06 financial year.