Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 10 March 2005) . . Page.. 942 ..
Roads—Horse Park Drive
(Question No 109)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2005:
(1) Has a sign ever been erected in relation to the extension of Horse Park Drive; if so, (a) where was the sign(s) erected, (b) what dates were listed for completion of the work and (c) on what dates were the signed erected and removed;
(2) Has there been a proposal to extend Horse Park Drive from Amaroo to Ngunnawal/Nicholls in the past; if so, (a) when was this, (b) when did this proposal cease to be a current proposal and (c) what provisions were made for this project in previous Capital Works programs.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) A number of signs have been erected in relation to the extension of Horse Park Drive as the road has been extended in stages through a number of projects.
(a) and (b) the signs for each extension were erected close to the relevant work sites for each stage of extension and include:
- from Katherine Avenue South to Katherine Avenue North completed in 2003-04
- from Katherine Avenue North to Community Precinct completed in 2002-03
- from Gundaroo Drive to Federal Highway completed in 2001-02
- from Yerrabi to Katherine Avenue South completed in 2001-02
- from Gundaroo Drive to Yerrabi Pond completed in 2000-01
- from Newlop Street to Arrabri Street completed in 1995-96
- from Gungahlin Drive to Newlop Street completed in 1993-94
(c) There are no records available on when signs were erected and removed however signs were generally erected and removed by the contactors executing the works in accordance with the requirements of each contract.
(2) The extension of Horse Park Drive from Amaroo to Ngunnawal / Nichols has not been included in any past capital works programs. The timing for the inclusion of the road extension in a future capital works program will be dependant on the road access requirements to support future land development in Ngunnawal 2C, Casey, Moncrieff, Taylor and Jacka.
Environment ACT—phone calls
(Question No 113)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Environment, upon notice, on 15 February 2005:
(1) How many people employed in Environment ACT are tasked with answering the inquiry line with the phone number of 6207 9777;
(2) On how many occasions in (a) 2003-04 and (b) 2004-05 to date has the 6207 9777 number been flicked through to Canberra Connect due to the high number of calls received to that line;