Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 10 March 2005) . . Page.. 935 ..
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Centre;
• Gerib Sik-Torres Strait Islander Corporation;
• WIRC Women’s Information and Referral Centre;
• Beryl Women’s Refuge;
• Galilee; and
• Isabella Plans Hostel.
(2) The timeline for the rollout of the project is:
1. Installation and networking of all computers by 30 April 2005.
2. Commence Training 31 May 2005.
3. Fourteen (14) flexible training courses will be conducted to 31 November 2005.
4. For a period of twelve months (31/12/05) two tiers of support will be provided
a) telephone support; and
b) limited on-site support.
Installation of computers has already occurred at Gugan Gulwan, Boomanulla Oval and Billabong.
Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders—recruitment
(Question No 88)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Arts, Heritage and Indigenous Affairs, upon notice, on 15 February 2005:
How will the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy launched in December 2004 progress outcomes in recruitment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the ACT Public Service.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The ACT Government did not launch an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy in December 2004.
An Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy is currently under development and will be released later this year.
(Question No 95)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2005:
What is the number of women from interstate who have claimed to be abused and have applied for ACT Public Housing between 1 January and 24 December 2004 under the Public Rental Housing Assistance Program.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows: