Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5328 ..
During this period an average of 20 people were assessed and 10 received botox injections.
(3) TCH conducted a needs analysis based on patients presenting to physiotherapy and paediatric services. Estimates are that about 16 children needed Botox treatment. There are some medical treatments such as this where the volume of people requiring these services is too small to provide the expertise required. Therefore, public patients requiring these services are referred interstate, in most cases to Sydney. Overall 95% of public hospital care for residents of the ACT is provided in the Territory.
Disability services-Gallop Report
(Question No 1118)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to developments in the disability services sector following the Gallop Report:
(1) Please provide details of which recommendations have been adopted by the Government, to date, as a result of the Gallop Report;
(2) Please provide details of progress (and outcomes, where applicable) of:
(a) those recommendations (further to (1)) that have been implemented;
(b) those recommendations that have not yet been implemented, indicating, where applicable, the reason(s) for non-implementation to date, and the current timetable for future implementation.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) On 26 September 2002 I tabled the Government Response to the Recommendations of the Board of Inquiry into Disability Services in the ACT in the ACT Legislative Assembly. In tabling the Government response, I made a commitment to report to the Assembly on the progress of implementation activities every six months.
(2) To date, I have tabled two implementation reports. I therefore refer Mrs Burke to the last implementation Report of the Government Response to the Recommendations of the Report of the Board of Inquiry into Disability Services, tabled in September 2003.
A copy is also available on the Departments web page (www.dhcs.act.gov.au/pubs/index.htm).
Paterson's curse-horse deaths
(Question No 1120)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Environment, upon notice:
In relation to Paterson's curse.
(1) How many horses have died this year as a result of poisoning from Paterson's Curse;