Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5322 ..
together with two other projects under that heading, namely, the Periodic Detention Centre Upgrade, and Disability Access to the Supreme Court.
(3) Originally the departmental relocation was planned for 2002-03. However, the planning and procurement process extended beyond the original timeframe, and a revised cash flow projection resulted in the roll-over of the 2002-03 funding to the 2003-04 financial year.
(4) The revised relocation timetable meant that only a small amount was expended in the 2002-03 financial year.
(5) Totalcare was commissioned to undertake an initial draft office fitout exercise in early 2003.
(7) An amount of $1.19m has been expended to 30 November 2003.
(8) Following the calling of tenders, GE Shaw and Associates was appointed Project Manager for the project.
(9) The project is on time and the relocation of all staff from GIO House to Moore Street is scheduled to be completed by the end of January 2004.
(Question No 1103)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice:
In relation to a change from the Treasurer's Advance:
On 7 January 2003 $0.1m was charged from the Treasurer's Advance for the purpose of 'underwriting the continued trading of the Canberra Basketball representative team known as the Cannons (Cannons Ltd)':
(1) When did the Government become aware that Cannons Ltd might require underwriting to continue trading;
(2) Was a request made seeking funds from the ACT Government for Cannons Ltd;
(3) If such a request was made, who made it, when was it made and how was it made;
(4) What investigation was undertaken, by the government, of the financial status of
Cannons Ltd before the decision was made to provide funds from the Treasurer's Advance to underwrite the continued trading of Cannons Ltd;
(5) What were the results of this investigation;
(6) Will you table a copy of the report of this investigation in the Legislative Assembly;
(7) If no investigation was undertaken, who made the decision not to conduct any investigation and what was the basis for making this decision.