Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5320 ..
(c) $312 000 expended in the June quarter;
(3) This project was meant to be completed by November 2003 but as at the release of the 2002-03 Capital Works Progress Report there was still $309 000 from the budget to be expended. Have these funds been expended? If so, on what schools and for what purpose, if not, why not, and when will those funds be expended, on which schools and for what purpose;
(4) Has the $100 000 'finance required' to complete this project been allocated as part of the 2003-04 Budget, if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) Of the $800 000 authorisation for the 2002-03 year $700 000 of cash was drawn down with the balance of $100 000 cash being rolled over to 2003-04. The funding was rolled over as the project was not progressing as quickly as initially planned. No schools will miss out on safety facilities as a result of this.
(2) (a) The $11 000 expended in the December quarter was spent on the following:
o Roof Safety - Mawson Primary School $7 000
o Construction Insurance (covering the whole project) $4 000
(2) (b) The $68 000 expended in the March quarter was spent on the following:
o Roof Safety - Melrose High School $44 000
o Safety Switches - Melrose High School $6 000
o Glazing - preparatory work for various schools - see (2) (c) below $18 000
(2) (c) The $312 000 expended in the June quarter was spent on the following:
o Glazing - Tharwa Primary, Hall Primary School, Lyons Primary School, Curtin Primary School, Narrabundah College $167 000
o Safety Switches - Melba High School, Wanniassa High School, Belconnen High School, Melrose High School, Ginninderra District High School, Canberra College (Weston Campus), Hawker College, Copeland College, Erindale College $88 000
o Roof Safety - Canberra College (Woden Campus) $57 000
(3) The project has not progressed as quickly as initially planned and is now expected to be complete in January 2004. As at November 2003, additional expenditure of $298 000 has taken place on the project, bringing total expenditure to date to $689 000 with details as follows:
o Glazing - Hughes Primary School, Tharwa Primary, Hall Primary School, Lyons Primary School, Curtin Primary School, Garran Primary School, Macquarie Primary School, Mawson Primary School, Torrens Primary School, Aranda Primary School and Cook Primary School $109 000