Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5318 ..
When the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services was created on 1 July 2002 it took on responsibility for capital works programs for community facilities. MNW funding for those youth centres that were part of a larger community centre such as at Belconnen, Gungahlin, Lanyon and Weston Creek, was also transferred to the Department. Works on community centres and youth centres was therefore consolidated under one heading of community facilities for each of the projects.
The Department spent $262,000 on minor new works projects for community centres and youth centres for which the Department has responsibility.
(2) The funded projects have been completed and no additional expenditure is required on these projects.
(Question No 1096)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to bushfire affected houses:
(1) How many building applications have been received to rebuild houses destroyed in the fire;
(2) How many have been to substantially replace previous buildings;
(3) How many have been for substantial changes to previous buildings;
(4) How many have been approved;
(5) How many projects have commenced;
(6) How many certificates of occupancy have been issued;
(7) How many residents have had discussions with the planning authorities but have so far not obtained building approval;
(8) Why have they not yet obtained building approval;
(9) How many property owners have attempted to substantially replace previous buildings but have been unable to do so because the plot ratios allowed under variation 200 prevent them from building houses of similar proportions;
(10) How many property owners have enquired about building dual or triple occupancies on their land but have not proceeded because of their inability to separately title the dwellings?
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 8 December 2003 there have been 132 building applications (BAs) and 185 development applications (DAs) lodged.