Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5310 ..
The nominated stages to date are:
Stage 1 - Library and Temple, Kitchen, Office, Storage and two Pilgrim's suites;
Stage 2 - an extension to the Temple;
Stage 3 - a further extension to the Temple; and
Stage 4 - Priest's Residence.
(2) The notification of commencement of work was supplied to BEPCON on 4 July 1996.
(3) The finish date is 24 months from the approval of the development which is 10 April 1998. The applicant has indicated that it is anticipated that the building will be completed about the middle of next year.
(5) The project is currently out of time on its existing approvals and the matter has been referred to the Lease and Compliance section of ACTPLA for investigation. Penalties for non compliance have not yet been formally established as the level of non compliance has not yet been fully identified.
(6) No, the Temple is not currently open to worshipers. It is anticipated by the proponents that the temple be opened by mid next year. This is pending whatever appropriate approvals are required as a result of the review by the Lease and Compliance section of ACTPLA.
(7) The Hindu Temple is being constructed for the Canberra Saiva Temple and Educational Association Pty. Ltd.
Bambi child-care facility
(Question No 1071)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the Bambi childcare facility and site located at Block 3 Section 27 (59 Hodgson Crescent) Pearce that is closed and currently appears to be undergoing redevelopment:
(1) What is the redevelopment work that is currently being undertaken on this site or on the facility itself;
(2) When did this work commence;
(3) When is this work expected to be completed;
(4) What are the future plans for this facility and this site;
(5) Why did the childcare facility close?
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The redevelopment work currently being done on this site is the demolition of the existing childcare centre and the construction of seven townhouses. This work was the subject of development application (DA) 20032725 which was approved on 28 July 2003.