Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 12 Hansard (20 November) . . Page.. 4516 ..
(2) There were no infringements issued for the section 46(2) for any of the years listed.
(3) Infringements issued for all breaches of Domestic Animals Act 2000 are as follows:
(a) 2000 not applicable to Domestic Animals Act
(b) 2001 143
(c) 2002 101
(d) 2003 74 to date
(4) Breaches resulting in court action:
There have been 129 breaches of the Act resulting in court action.
Parts of the Domestic Animals Act that have been prosecuted include:
14(1) (a) - keeping unregistered dog
23 (1) - keeping dangerous dogs without licence
44 (3) - dogs in public places without carer
50 (1) - attacks / harassment by dog
50 (2) - attacks / harassment by dog
51 (1) - encouraging dog attack
54 (2) - failure to produce dog for inspection
110 (1) - animal nuisance
112 (7) - contravention of nuisance notice
143 - hinder and obstruct authorised officers
(5) Authorised officers under the Domestic Animals Act 2000 in the ACT include staff of Domestic Animal Services, and some rangers of Environment ACT within the Parks and Conservation unit.
(6) The following are actively involved in enforcing of the Domestic Animals Act 2000:
Six (6) Rangers covering field related matters
Four (4) Customer Service Officers dealing with office based compliance
One (1) Deputy Registrar - investigation of major dog complaints and legal issues
One (1) Registrar / Manager
(Question No 1026)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to CityScape:
(1) Have a number of depots closed since January 2003 and if so, where;
(2) If depots have closed, were jobs lost and if so, how many;