Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 12 Hansard (20 November) . . Page.. 4464 ..
(Question No 946)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to transfer of land in accordance with section 180 of the Land (Planning and Environment) Act 1991:
(1) For the years 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2001-02 and 2002-03 how many times did the Minister give his consent under section 180 of the Act to approve the sale of land;
(2) In each case what was the original sale price and at what price did the Minister give approval for the sale.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) For the year 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 my delegate did not give consent to any transfers as I was not the Minister at the time. I can advise, however, that for 2000-2001, different areas of PALM were responsible for processing Minister's consents to transfer but these areas were not required to report the numbers processed. Consequently, the number of consents for this period is not available. However, all Minister's consents are recorded on the individual Territory Lease file for each block transferred under Section 180 of the Land (Planning and Environment) Act.
For the years 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 I advise the following:
Between 1 July 2001 and 30 June 2002 the Minister's consent under Section 180 was granted on 1205 occasions; and
Between 1 July 2002 and 30 July 2003 the Minister's consent under Section 180 was granted on 1277 occasions.
(2) Original and subsequent sale prices of land transfers are not details that are required to be kept. In order to retrieve that information from each individual TL file would involve an enormous amount of time and resources, which would place too onerous a burden on the Authority.
(Question No 964)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Community Affairs, upon notice, on 24 September 2003:
In relation to recent reports:
(1) How many reports have been prepared by the Chief Minister's Department on Multicultural Affairs over the past three months;
(2) If any reports have been prepared: