Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 12 Hansard (18 November) . . Page.. 4211 ..
- MR CORBELL (continuing):
- At requirement 1.1(a) the reference to subdivision and consolidation of blocks has been deleted in response to the finalisation of variation 200. The residential policies prohibit consolidation and subdivision including unit titling for standard blocks where the land is subject to a heritage places register;
- At requirement 1.2(a) relating to new facilities in parks and reserves, it is now mandatory for any new facilities to be consistent with a conservation management plan endorsed by the ACT Heritage Council. This change responds specifically to recommendation 7(c) in the committee report;
- Former requirement 2.1(f) limiting development to not more than two dwellings on any block has been deleted because the residential policy does not allow for more than two dwellings unless the development is for the purpose of supportive housing;
- Requirement 3.1(g) has been amended to clarify that alterations and additions should be sited to retain the visual characteristics of the original dwelling when viewed from the street;
- Requirement 4.1(b) has been amended to delete the words "Additions shall only be permitted to the side and rear of dwellings"because the statement was inconsistent with the requirement 4.1(d) which permitted additions and alterations to the front of a dwelling in specific circumstances.
Mr Speaker, I commend the variation to members.
Ms Gallagher presented the following paper:
Occupational Health and Safety Act, pursuant to section 96D-Operation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1989 and its associated law-Fourth Quarterly Report 2002-2003, dated 13 October 2003.
Legal Affairs-Standing Committee
Report No 6-government response
MS GALLAGHER (Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, Minister for Women and Minister for Industrial Relations): For the information of members, I present the following paper:
Legal Affairs-Standing Committee-Report No. 6-Crimes (Industrial Manslaughter) Amendment Bill 2002-Government Response, dated 18 December 2003.
I seek leave to make a statement in relation to the paper.