Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . . Page.. 3797 ..
based on estimates for unit cost at the time of budget preparations. The final unit cost reflects variations over the financial year due to labour and material increases, market supply and demand, additional preparation and other planned works not included in the output quantity. For example, driveway repairs, kerb and gutter repairs and pram crossing replacements.
(5) Similarly to (4) above, the additional 1 lane km of municipal road maintenance is not a direct result of the total $187,300 transferred from territorial road maintenance. The output quantities are based on estimates for unit cost at the time of budget preparations. The final unit cost reflects variations over the financial year due to labour and material increases, market supply and demand, additional preparation and other planned works not included in the output quantity.
(6) The $6,168,759 shown as the cost of territorial roads maintenance does not include the funds transferred to the other three categories of works listed at (1) above.
Emergency accommodation hotline
(Question No 888)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to the emergency accommodation hotline:
(1) In this service's first six months of operation how many telephone calls were received;
(2) How many of these telephone calls were from (a) males and (b) females;
(3) How many of the callers in categories (a) and (b) above had children that also required accommodation (please indicate for each separately);
(4) Of those telephone calls how many people required emergency accommodation and how many of those were accommodated within 12 hours of the call;
(5) What is the average length of time to find emergency accommodation via the hotline;
(6) What is the average length of time a person who telephones the hotline has been homeless for;
(7) Who are the emergency accommodation providers;
(8) How much of the $205,000 allocated to this program has been expended to date (please provide breakdown of expenditure);
(9) Is there any time during the last six months that the hotline has not been in operation, if so, when, and for how long;
(10) In your press statement promoting this service you state 'An Emergency Accommodation Fund has been established alongside the service to help pay for the cost of accommodation if it needs to be purchased':