Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . . Page.. 3788 ..
(3) I understand that the permanent Manager is deemed to be on leave without pay while working in a different position, when did the permanent Manager leave and how long are they expected to be away;
(4) Is the Acting Manager a permanent/ongoing member of the ACT Public Service (ACTPS) or the Australian Public Service, if not how are they able to act in a temporary position within the ACTPS;
(5) Was a merit selection process used to appoint the Acting Manager;
(6) Did the Acting Manager apply for the job, if so was the application in writing;
(7) Was the appointment of the Acting Manager made at the request of the Minister for Health or his office;
(8) Was the appointment of the Acting Manager made at the request of the Chief Minister or his office;
(9) Was the appointment of the Acting Manager made at the request of any other member of the ACT Executive or their offices.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) The current occupant was employed on a temporary contract with effect from 17 February 2003 as a Senior Public Affairs Officer Grade 2 position,
(2) The position has yet to be advertised. The position was originally filled on a temporary basis in February 2003 at short notice. The original temporary contract was extended to allow continuity of the Communications and Marketing function during the transition between Chief Executives in ACT Health. The position will be advertised for temporary filling by the end of September 2003, whilst the permanent incumbent decides whether or not to return.
(3) The previous occupant of the position of Manager, Communications and Marketing is on Leave Without Pay, the period of which is yet to be finalised.
(4) The current manager is not a permanent member of ACTPS or the Australian Public Service. The current Manager Communications and Marketing is employed on a short-term temporary contract.
(5) At the time of the vacancy occurring the then Chief Executive sought a number of expressions of interest to temporarily fill the position of Manager Communications and Marketing. On the basis of those who expressed interest in the position the current incumbent was determined to be the most suitable on the basis of the specialist skills required for the position.
(6) The current incumbent along with others provided a CV in writing.