Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . . Page.. 3786 ..
Information on AIMS reporting is available to staff through managers, education sessions and the Canberra Hospital intranet site. Staff are encouraged to report events that cause or have the potential to cause harm to patients, visitors and staff.
Public Service-salary packages
(Question No 853)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 21 August 2003:
In relation to the use by ACT public servants of salary packaging arrangements:
(1) For how long has a comprehensive range of salary packaging options been available to ACT public servants;
(2) What items are available for salary packaging;
(3) How many ACT public servants availed themselves of options for salary packaging in the financial year 2002-03;
(4) In the financial year 2002-03 how many ACT public servants salary packaged the purchase of:
a. additional superannuation;
b. motor vehicles;
c. portable computers;
d. mobile phones; and
e. other items.
(5) For each of the Government departments and agencies, how many ACT public servants used salary packaging arrangements in the financial year 2002-03;
(6) How many ACT public servants at the below levels have used salary packaging arrangements in the financial year 2002-03:
b. SOG; and
(7) What information is provided to ACT public servants about salary packaging arrangements and how is that information disseminated;
(8) When will the review of salary packaging arrangements be completed.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A comprehensive range of salary packaging options has been available to ACT public servants since 1998.
(2) The menu of items currently available for salary packaging by ACT public servants is contained in the ACT Public Service Salary Packaging Policy and Procedures available online at www.psm.act.gov.au.