Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 9 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 3436 ..
To date, the ACT has received $40.615 million dollars from NSW for each of the 2001-02 and 2002-03 financial years. These were provisional payments that will be reconciled against actual activity for cross border residents in both jurisdictions during those years.
(3) Payments from non-NSW jurisdictions were reconciled against activity for ACT residents treated in other jurisdictions. The final payments after reconciliation are presented in Table 3.
Table 3: Net payments between ACT and non-NSW jurisdictions for cross border hospital activity
Net payment by ACT
Cotter Tavern site
(Question No 855)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the Cotter Tavern and further to your reply to Question on notice
(1) What is the reason for the delay in determining the future of the Crown Lease where the Cotter Tavern is situated;
(2) Who currently holds the right to use the land covered by that Crown Lease;
(3) What uses are permitted under that Crown Lease;
(4) What is the likelihood that a tavern style facility will not be rebuilt in that area;
(5) When will a decision on the future use of that Crown Lease be made.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Cotter Reserve Hotel lease was surrendered by the lessee on 9 July 2003.
(2) The land is now unleased and under the control of the ACT Planning and Land Authority. ACTPLA has arranged to have the site cleared and demolition work is currently underway.
(3) No lease provisions apply as the land is currently unleased.