Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2702 ..
(2) In the December Quarterly Capital Works progress report the figures reveal that $79,000 of the $250,000 allocated to Minor New Works in Sport and Recreation have been spent, your response to Question on notice 533 outlines the actual expenditure as $48,383, why is there a discrepancy of $30,617.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The completion dates of the listed projects are as follows:
Contribution to Department of Education, Youth and Family Services project for improved parking areas to service adjoining schools and sportsgrounds at Waramanga and Kaleen - two projects. Waramanga was completed in mid-February 2003 and Kaleen is due for completion in mid-August 2003.
Replacement of dilapidated fence around O'Connor Enclosed Oval. This project was completed on 27 March 2003.
Refurbishment of office area - Manuka Swimming Pool. This project is due for completion in August 2003.
Stabilisation and rectification of cracking in walls at Manuka Swimming Pool. This project was completed on 7 April 2003.
Minor irrigation improvements at Page Oval. This project was removed from the program as a result of changed priorities.
(2) The actual expenditure to 31 December 2002 is in fact $79,000 and the figures in the December Quarterly Capital Works progress report are correct. The figure of $48,383 as advised in the response to QON 533 was incorrect. I apologise for this error in the reported amount.
(Question No 778)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Phillip Oval:
(1) Who currently owns Phillip Oval;
(2) Has the Minister been advised of any plans to sell Phillip Oval;
(3) Has the Minister been advised of any requests to change the use of the Phillip Oval.
Mr Wood: the answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The Australian Capital Territory Australian Football League (ACTAFL) hold the lease on Phillip Oval. ACTAFL is now known as Australian Football League-NSW/ACT (AFL-NSW/ACT)
(2) I understand AFL-NSW/ACT has been exploring options, including sale, for the future use of Phillip Oval. Any transfer of the lease would require ministerial approval.
(3) No proposal has been put to the Minister.