Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2701 ..
(5) (a) Proposed start date is August 2003, depending on attaining vacant possession of an entire block of units
(b) Completion date estimated at late 2004 - again largely dependent on temporary relocation of tenants to alternative accommodation, while blocks are upgraded.
(6) As at 26 June 2003 there were 111 tenancies at the site.
(7) Yes, currently there are 4 vacant units on site, which are vacant in order to upgrade them or to provide temporary accommodation for tenants during the refurbishment.
(Question No 776)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to maintenance requests in public housing and further to your reply to Question on notice no 699:
(1) Your answer states that "... the data available includes works raised but not requests which may have been rejected or included in future programmed works". What is meant by the term "works raised";
(2) How many works had been raised in ACT Housing as at 31 May 2003;
(3) Please provide details of the circumstances in which maintenance requests are "rejected".
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The term "works raised"indicates work recorded on Housing ACT's computer system
(3) Where the requests do not comply with Housing ACT's standards, eg requests for alternate appliances (such as a request to substitute a working gas heater for an electric heater), or where non health and safety tenant responsible maintenance is identified, as this is the responsibility of the tenant.
(Question No 777)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Minor New Works in Sport and Recreation and further to your response to Question on notice no 533...
(1) What are the completion dates for each of the five projects listed in part (2) of your response;