Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2693 ..
(a) 1,800 babies of these babies were delivered at The Canberra Hospital
(b) 1,006 of these babies were delivered at Calvary Public Hospital
(c) 1,522 of these babies were delivered elsewhere (970 John James, 552 Calvary Private Hospital)
(4) 1,609 babies were reported to have been delivered by private obstetricians between 1 July 2002 and 31 May 2003
The figures quoted above are based on estimates provided by Hospitals in the ACT, final figures vary slightly when data verification processes are completed.
(Question No 743)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Erindale Library Refurbishment and further to Question on notice no 597.
(1) Further stages of this project were to be completed by June 2003. Can the Minister confirm that the Erindale Library Refurbishment will be completed by the end of this month and what is the expected completion date.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
The refurbishment will be completed by the end of June with the exception of one item involving some plumbing at the front of the building. This work has been delayed for the convenience of customers entering the library while the new front entrance is also being completed. Work will commence on this last item shortly and be completed by 31 July.
Bushfires-free plant issues
(Question No 747)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 18 June 2003:
In relation to the 2003 Bushfire Fire Plant Issue Scheme:
(1) On what date was this issue first raised as an initiative for the Budget;
(2) Did the Government receive representations from any individuals, organisations or Departmental officials to fund this initiative, if so, please provide supporting documentation;
(3) On what date was the final decision made to include this initiative in the Budget;