Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2692 ..
for 6 kits. This included 6 kits comprising of 3 road spikes, 1 replacement stick, a tray, cord reel and sleeve and equates to $212.50 per unit. The funds for this purchase came from the Traffic Operations Cost Centre.
(3) Until recently the data which you seek in relation to pursuits has not been readily retrievable from systems in use by ACT Policing. A process which will enable the extraction of statistics relating to the use of a tyre deflation device was implemented by ACT Policing on 31 May 2003.
(4) The data which you seek in relation to the use of tyre deflation devices is not readily retrievable from systems in use by ACT Policing.
(5) Whilst there is no statistical data from which the effectiveness of tyre deflation devices can be determined ACT Policing is of the opinion that the availability of such devices provide a valuable and relatively low risk option to police in situations where it is necessary to forcibly stop a motor vehicle.
(6) A tyre deflation device can only be used:
by a member who has successfully completed an approved course;
by a member who has been authorised to use a tyre deflation device by the Chief Police Officer by virtue of Section 81 of the Road Transport (General) Act 1999; and
in compliance with the provisions of ACT Policing Practical Guide Use of Tyre Deflation Devices.
(Question No 742)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation obstetrics:
(1) How many private obstetricians are operating in the ACT;
(2) How many babies were delivered in the ACT between 1 July 2002 and 31 May 2003;
(3) How many of those babies were delivered at (a) the Canberra Hospital (b) Calvary Hospital or (c) elsewhere;
(4) How many babies were delivered by private obstetricians in the ACT between 1 July 2002 and 31 May 2003
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) There are 12 private obstetricians operating in the ACT
(2) 4,328 babies were reported to have been delivered in the ACT between 1 July 2002 and 31 May 2003