Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1545 ..
(2) An additional $446,000 was spent between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003 on progress payments relating to acquisition of transportable classrooms mentioned in (1).
(3) Of the amount of $1.535m, $446,000 is already spent, a further amount of $299,000 is to be spent on progress payments relating to the acquisition of transportable classrooms mentioned in (1) and additional car parking at Palmerston Primary School is to be provided as part of the expansion of the school.
(4) No. It is expected that approximately $790,000 will be rolled over to 2003-04.
Woden police station
(Question No 621)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 3 April 2003:
In relation to the Woden Police Station;
(1) Can the Minister advise what work has been undertaken on this project as at 31 March 2003 and what work is still to be undertaken;
(2) What was delivered for:
(a) the $30,000 expended in prior years on this project;
(b) the $30,000 expended as at 31 December 2002;
(3) Will the remaining $4.94m allocated to this project be spent on this actual project or reallocated;
(4) How much money has been expended on this project as at 31 March 2003;
(5) Will this project be completed by the end of June 2003 as scheduled, if not, why not and is there a new completion date.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 31 March 2003 the Department of Justice and Community Safety has finalised a draft Functional Brief for Woden Police Station and this is being reviewed by Government and the Australian Federal Police (AFP) in advance of commencing preliminary design, detailed design, Development Application submission and construction.
(2) The $30,000 expenditure in 2001/02 and 2002/03 (as at 31 December 2002) was for a Feasibility/Site Options Study and Principal Arranged Insurance respectively.
(3) There is no expectation that the remaining $4.94m will not remain with the project as planned.