Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1543 ..
(3) The expenditure of remaining funds on safety facilities is proposed as follows:
School Glazing Replacement ProgramGlazing upgrade and replacement totalling $311,000 are to take place at Tharwa
Primary School, Hall Primary School, Lyons Primary School, Curtin Primary School,
Narrabundah College, Hughes Primary School, Garran Primary School, Macquarie Primary School, Mawson Primary School, Torrens Primary School, Aranda Primary School and Cook Primary School.
Electrical Safety SwitchesInstallation of electrical safety switches totalling $210,000 is to take place at:
Campbell High School, Canberra High School, Belconnen High School, Ginninderra District High School, Wanniassa High School, Melba High School, Kaleen High School, Gold Creek Senior Campus, Canberra College (Woden & Weston Campus), Lake Tuggeranong College, Erindale College, Copland College, Hawker College, Lake Ginninderra College, Narrabundah College.
Roof SafetyInstallation of roof safety equipment at Canberra College (Woden Campus) and installation of ladder brackets at various schools (mostly in primary schools) is to take place at an estimated cost of $200,000.
Transportable Amenity program
(Question No 619)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 3 April 2003:
In relation to the Transportable Amenity Program (TAIP):
(1) How many schools have taken up the offer to install air conditioning in transportables as part of this program, can the Minister list schools that have taken up the offer and used funds for air conditioning, and how much funding did each school/transportable receive;
(2) What purposes have schools used the TAIP funding for outside of air conditioning, please list schools, purpose and amount allocated to the school per transportable;
(3) Will this program be continued as part of the 2003/04 budget.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) Seven primary schools accepted an offer to install air conditioning in transportable classrooms in 2002/03.
Four of these have requested reimbursement and have been paid:
Gilmore Primary - $21,000
Gordon Primary - $10,000