Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1537 ..
(1) Can the Minister advise what works have progressed on:
(a) the Belconnen Joint Emergency Services Centre;
(b) the West Belconnen Joint Emergency Services Centre;
(2) What works are still to be undertaken on (a) and (b) above;
(3) In (a) above there is a $330,000 outstanding authorisation and in (b) above there is a $601,000 outstanding authorisation. Can the Minister confirm if those funding allocations will remain with these two projects and not be reallocated elsewhere;
(4) When will these projects be completed.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Preliminary planning is underway for the Belconnen Joint Emergency Services Centre (JESC) and detailed planning and consultation with the relevant stakeholders is being undertaken for the West Belconnen JESC.
(2) Following from my first answer, detailed design, Development Application submission and approval followed by construction are yet to be undertaken for both Belconnen and West Belconnen JESCs. Belconnen JESC will also require a preliminary design process similar to the one previously undertaken for joint stations.
(3) There is no expectation that current authorisations for both Belconnen and West Belconnen JESCs will not remain with the projects as planned.
(4) The recent Bushfire emergency in the ACT has dictated alternative priorities for the Belconnen and West Belconnen JESC stakeholders (both Management and Operational) and revised project delivery timelines will be determined following further design work.
Lanyon Neighbourhood and Youth Centre
(Question No 612)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice:
In relation to Lanyon Neighbourhood and Youth Centre:
(1) What is the status of the capital works project at Lanyon Neighbourhood and Youth Centre;
(2) As the project was scheduled for completion in April 2001, why is there $15,000 still not expended for prior years funding as shown in the December 2002 Quarterly Capital Works Progress Report;
(3) What is the purpose of the remaining $15,000;