Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1512 ..
(1) CIT provides a range of services to support the ACT Government's Digital Divide program. These include:
The development and production of self-help materials to be available at Community Access IT Centres for people who have not previously used a computer;
The recruitment of people suitable to be trained to be roving tutors;
Training, employment and management of roving tutors to provide support of people using Community IT Access Centres;
Training of Community IT Access Centre personnel in ways of supporting diverse users of their centres;
Community liaison to identify and to organise new sites and tutor input to these;
Monitoring the performance of tutors and providing support where necessary;
Regular network meetings of centre providers to identify issues they are facing and to facilitate discussion to address them.
(2) No, the department has not conducted a survey of client IT use and corresponding needs and has no plans to do so. The department has a disparate client group whose IT use and needs are not easily quantified through a survey. The government's Information Management Strategic Plan 2002 - 2005, released in June 2002, recognises matters concerning IT access of ACT citizens. The department is actively working with government agencies charged with responsibility for addressing Digital Divide issues and client access to government services.
Development-applications and approvals
(Question No 583)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to development applications and approvals
(1) How many development applications have been lodged with the government in each month for Calender year 2002 and up to the end of March 2003;
(2) For each month of Calender year 2002 and until to the end of March 2003 how many development applications were approved;
(3) How many development applications received under (1) have been approved up to the end of March 2003;
(4) What is the value of works for which development approval was sought during the 15 month period from January 2002 to the end of March 2003;
(5) What is the value of works approved during the 15 month period from January 2002 to the end of March 2003;
(6) Of the development applications received and approved over the 15 month period from January 2002 to the end of March 2003, what is the value of works approved.