Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1468 ..
(1) The on-road cycling improvements on Belconnen Way, Barry Drive and Parkes Way have now been completed. The total expenditure at 31 December 2002 was approximately $359,000.
(2) The Belconnen Way / Barry Drive on-road cycling works are from Firth Road to Coulter Drive. The Parkes Way works are from the Glenloch Interchange to Acton Tunnel.
(3) The funding for this project has been fully expended.
(4) The project was completed in February 2003.
Belconnen lakeshore refurbishment
(Question No 545)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment -
(1) What work will take place as part of this project;
(2) $50,000 has been expended on this project as at 31 December 2002, what was provided for that $50,000;
(3) Why has the Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment project been revised down from a total expenditure of $500,000 to $300,000 for this financial year;
(4) Will the remaining $200,000 be spent on the Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment project, if so, when and has a completion date been discussed, if not, where will that $200,000 be transferred to;
(5) Will the expenditure of $300,000 on the Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment project be completed as scheduled on June 2003, if not, why not?
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The work will involve redevelopment of the plaza space between "The Sails". Building complex and the lake foreshore (a portion of the Foreshore Promenade Precinct).
(2) The $50,000 was expended on project final design and management fees.
(3) The project funding remains at $500,000 but it is spread over two financial years (2003/03, 2003/04).
(4) All of the $500,000 authorisation will be spent on the Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment. A completion date for the works of October 2003 has been programmed.