Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1466 ..
specified project is on schedule with full documentation readiness being achieved by 30 June 2003.
(5) The issue of approving the roll-over of the balance of the project funds will be closely considered as part of the 2003-04 Territory Budget process.
(Question No 542)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to minor new works at the Magistrates Court
(1) Can the Minister provide details regarding works that will be undertaken as part of this project:
(2) As at 31 December 2002 no monies has been expended on this $240,000 project, have any funds been expended between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, if so, please provide a breakdown of expenditure and work undertaken;
(3) Will this project be completed as scheduled by the end of 2003, if not, why not.
Mr Wood: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(1) Works to be undertaken include:
- Upper roof - repairs to flashings, downpipes, overflows and gutters;
- Lower roof - repair to defective membrane
- Basement - drainage
- Facade - repairs to seals between precast panels
- Soffits - install dripmould, repointing all edges and joints with waterproof sealant
(2) This project has required extensive investigation work on the various items to ascertain the most appropriate method of remediation. Some of this work is ongoing. Procurement Solutions has received approximately $17,000 in claims to date.
(3) It is anticipated that this project will be completed by 30 June 2003 provided wet weather or other unforeseen factors do not intervene.
(Question No 543)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to planning for an expanded Kippax Library: