Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1462 ..
(2) Delays in commencing the fitout of the premises were experienced due to the complex nature of negotiations concerning the terms of Megalo's tenancy at the premises.
$22,960 has been expended on this project for items such as a design report, temporary storage of Megalo's equipment and approvals. The balance of funds will be committed when a contract for the fitout is awarded.
Rally of Canberra
(Question No 539)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Economic Development, Business and Tourism, upon notice, on 1 April 2003.
1. Where is the Government up to in regards to clearing fire ravaged sites that will be used as part of the Rally of Canberra;
2. Will all clearing be completed in time for the event on 25 April;
3. After record crowds travelled to Kowen Forest last year for the Super Special Stage why has this year's special stage been moved to Fairbairn Park, and will the site change come at an additional cost, if so, how much, if not, how much money will be saved;
4. Will the Super special stage be conducted in the Forest area again this year;
5. How many nominations have been received for the Rally to date, are there any estimates of whether the total number of entries will be up or down on last year;
6. When will Canberrans know about ticket price for entry to the Rally;
7. Have there been any issues regarding public liability insurance for 2003 Rally of Canberra.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. The only spectator point affected by the fire that would have had an impact on the Subaru Rally of Canberra was the mineshaft spectator point and this has been cleared. ACT Workcover and the Emergency Services Bureau will be inspecting the site prior to the Rally to ensure that optimum safety conditions will apply during the event.
2. Yes. The forest will be cleared in time for the event.
3. A Super Special Stage* was not constructed in the Kowen Forest in 2002. However, a Special Stage* was constructed incorporating a tunnel and flyover. This will be used again on Sunday to provide a fitting finale to the event. The reintroduction of the Super Special Stage is an important factor in rebuilding the event's status in the international arena. The selection of a permanent site (Fairbairn Park) for the