Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1445 ..
Disabled persons-access works
(Question No 519)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice:
In relation to disabled access:
(1) What has been delivered for the $69,000 expended as at 31 December 2002 as part of the minor new works.
(2) Have any more works taken place between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, if so, please provide details of the amount spent and purpose of that expenditure.
(3) Is there a list of works still to be completed as part of this project, if so, please provide details of the amount to be spent and purpose of that expenditure, if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mrs Burke's question is:
(1) For the minor new works item - disabled access, the following works were delivered for the $69,000 expended as at 31 December 2002:
Canberra High School ($18,000) part payment for modifications to the lift
Malkara School ($2,000)- playground equipment modification
Kambah High School ($24,000) - automatic doors to front entrance
Calwell High School ($25,000) - automatic doors/air lock to entrance
(2) During the period 31 December 2002 to 31 March 2003 additional expenditure of $58,000 occurred as follows:
Southern Cross Primary ($19,000) - automatic doors/air lock and ramp to entrance
Canberra High School ($14,000) - part payment for modifications to the lift
Gold Creek School ($25,000) - part payment for lift to stage
(3) Yes. The need to provide disabled toilet and shower facilities at Southern Cross Primary School at an estimated cost of $40,000 has been identified and the department is seeking to identify additional funding within the program for this purpose.
(Question No 520)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to a response given in Question 393: