Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1443 ..
2001 for four blocks in the private sector and one retained by ACT Housing for the construction of 26 Older Persons Units.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A development application for 24 older persons' units was lodged with PALM in April 2003 and is currently being publicly notified. New leases for three of the other blocks are expected to be finalised shortly enabling sale of these leases to proceed. The final subdivision will occur as part of the decision on the development application for the older persons' units;
(2) Please see 1 above;
(3) The older persons' units are expected to commence construction next financial year, depending on the timing of the approval and any appeals. Other developments, including the construction of the roads will be dependent on the timing of applications by the new owners;
(4) The plans approved by PALM in July 2001 were for the demolition of the previous Burnie Court. PALM's subsequent approval to the subdivision specified residential use and did not prescribe ownership. ACT Housing still intends to proceed with the construction of older persons units and progressive sale of the balance of the site over the next financial year.
Dental health services
(Question No 518)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to the Dental Health Service:
(1) What is the waiting list and waiting times as at 31 March 2003 for adult dental health services in all categories of patients;
(2) What is the waiting list and waiting times as at 31 March 2003 for children dental health services in all categories of patients;
(3) What is the waiting list and waiting time for a client who needs a new set of dentures.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) What is the waiting list and waiting times as at 31 March 2003 for adult dental health services in all categories of patients.
Adult Restorative Waiting list2490 clients waiting and the waiting time 24 months
Adult Waiting list for General Anaesthetic (GA)70 clients waiting with the average waiting time 17 months.