Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1399 ..
(Question No 431)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 5 March 2003
In September 2002 there is travel recorded for a passenger to attend an interview for the position of Chief of Staff to the Chief Minister:
(1) From where did the applicant fly;
(2) How long did the interview take;
(3) Did the passenger conduct any other business on behalf of the ACT during this trip;
(4) Why was it necessary to pay for 2.5 days travel allowance in order to attend an interview;
(5) Was the option of a telephone interview considered;
(6) Why was the interview not conducted by telephone.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2. Approximately 2 hours
4. Due to family commitments the person could not get an earlier flight out of Perth, and therefore had to overnight in Melbourne.
6. The preference was to meet the applicant in person and conduct a person to person interview.
(Question No 438)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to the sale of tobacco in the Territory:
(1) Were there any prosecutions against ACT tobacco retailers for the sale of cigarettes to minors in (a) 2001 or (b) 2002;
(2) If so, (a) were they successful and (b) what were the dates of prosecution;