Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 787 ..
(1) Can you provide a list of all peak bodies that receive
(a) funding and
(b) the purpose of the funding
(c) the services provided through this funding
(d) the number of years the body has received funding
(e) if that body has received funding for the last five years has that funding increased or decreased, each year, over that time;
(2) How does the government evaluate the service provision of these peak bodies;
(3) Can the government quantify in dollars and or time the workload of these peak bodies that would otherwise be a workload felt by the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services.
Mr Wood: The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) This information is publicly available and is contained in the ACT Department of Health and Community Care Annual Report.
(b) People with disabilities are enabled to achieve a lifestyle in line with their personal goals, their rights as citizens and the standard of living available to the community in general.
(c) Provide for the flow of information between government, the disability sector and the broader community both through representation of the views of the sector to government and the Canberra community, and the dissemination of information to disability service providers.
(d) This information is publicly available and can be found in the relevant Annual Reports.
(e) This information is publicly available and can be found in the relevant Annual Reports.
(2) The Government uses the contract acquittal process to evaluate the service provision of peak bodies.
(3) No. The data required to make such an analysis is not collected.
Laptops for teachers program
(Question No 453)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 11 March 2003:
In relation to the Laptops for Teachers Program as part of the 2002-03 Budget:
(1) How many (a) desktop and (b) laptop computers have been distributed/allocated to teachers to date;