Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 770 ..
Callam Offices monthly rental forgone is $27,708.
former Narrabundah Preschool - $675 per month.
19 Cooinda Court Kingston - $823 per month.
Mount Rogers Community Centre - $1,000.00 per month.
Gold Creek Homestead - n/a.
Uriarra Plague Locust Depot - n/a.
Health Promotions Building - n/a.
(Question No 440)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice:
In relation to payroll tax:
(1) How many businesses in the ACT currently pay payroll tax;
(2) How many people do those businesses employ;
(3) Have any of those business moved to the ACT from interstate;
(4) For businesses paying payroll tax, how many pay:
(a) $0 to $19,999;
(b) $20,000 to $49,999;
(c) $50,0000 to $99,999;
(d) $100,000 to $199,999;
(e) $200,000 to $499,999;
(f) $500,000 to $1,000,000;
(g) more than $1million but less than $2 million;
(h) more than $2 million but less than $5 million;
(i) more than $5 million but less than $10 million; and
(j) more than $10 million.
Mr Quinlan: The answers to the member's questions are as follow:
(1) 1943 businesses currently pay payroll tax in the ACT.
(2) (3) Full information is not available from the payroll tax database. As payroll tax is a self assessed tax, businesses who pay payroll tax are not required to provide information on their tax returns related to the number of people they employ and to advise whether or not they have moved from interstate.
(4) See schedule A attached.