Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 703 ..
(4) Telstra's MiniMux will provide broadband access for both residential and business customers. The mobile phone service will provide access for both residential and business customers.
(5) The mobile phone coverage and broadband issues are being addressed simultaneously.
(Question No 399)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 4 March 2003.
In relation to public housing complex upgrades:
(1) An amount of $1.1 million has been announced to upgrade Windeyer Court in Watson, can you provide a breakdown of the areas of improvements this allocation will cover;
(2) In a Canberra Times article on 26 February 2003 (page 10) it says this work is part of a 10 year program to upgrade ACT Housing flats. What was the first year this program commenced;
(3) Can you provide details of which ACT Housing properties have been upgraded as part of the program;
(4) Can you provide details of how much each upgrade has cost to date;
(5) Can you provide details of how many properties are still to be upgraded under this program and the associated costs.
Mr Wood: The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The works at Windeyer Court will cover improvement to the flats following major landscaping works conducted in the late 1990s. These will include refurbished kitchens and bathrooms, floor coverings and paint.
(2) The program commenced in the 2000-01 financial year with works to address safety and security works at Reid and Jerilderie Courts and other minor works at a range of other complexes totalling $394,000. The program has now been supplemented with this Government's injection of a further $10m for fire safety works in 2002-2004.
(3) In the two financial years 2001-02 and 2002-03, major improvements works have taken place at Stuart Flats, Fraser Court, Kanangra Court Allawah Court, Bega Court and Jerilderie Court.
Other works have also been undertaken at Ambara Court, Gowrie Court, Corryton Gardens, Illawarra Court, Boolimbah Court, Malahide Gardens, and Dryaaba Court.
In addition there has been some initial expenditure to scope the impending works on both Windeyer Court and the Northbourne Flats complexes.