Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 1 Hansard (20 February) . . Page.. 402 ..
(5) Not applicable.
(6) At this stage only anecdotal evidence is available and it will take some time to determine long-term trends. It should, however, be noted that the design of the lighting and the other improvements was undertaken to improve both perceived and actual tenant safety and encourage a greater sense of ownership of the complex in the tenants. This outcome is reflected in the comments received to date from tenants and ACT Housing staff and from the Guardian Service.
(7) The lighting was designed by an electrical engineering firm to meet relevant Australian Standards. After hours audits/ inspections have been conducted by the designer, and as a result post-construction lux testing has not been considered necessary.
(8) No. Design and locational factors ensure that the lighting targets pathways, recreational areas, open spaces and landscaped areas, and does not impinge on windows. This was a key factor in the design of the lighting improvements as it was important that tenants, as well as neighbours, were protected from light pollution.
(9) Windeyer Court in Watson, is undergoing a $ 1.1m upgrade, to be completed mid year. Stuart Flats in Griffith is undergoing improvements to building fabric and minor improvements to the interior of units, in a $0.57m project. Fraser Court, Kingston is undergoing improvements to building fabric, in a $5m project.
Belconnen Health Centre (Question No 394)
Mrs Burke: Asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to refurbishments at the Belconnen Health Centre as part of the Capital Works Budget:
(1) How much money was allocated in the 2002-03 Budget for this project;
(2) How much money was originally allocated in the 2001-02 Budget for this project;
(3) Is there a difference in the overall funding allocation from 2001-02 to 2002-03 and if so why;
(4) If there is a difference where has (a) any additional funding come from, or (b) where has a reduction in expenditure on this project now been transferred to for expenditure;
(5) Has work on this project been completed, if not what is the completion date;
(6) To whom was the contract let.