Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 1 December 2022) . . Page.. 4197 ..
(6) No, I am advised artsACT did not tell unsuccessful applicants that there was no intention of funding organisations up to $100,000 per year in the Emerging Arts Organisation Investment funding stream.
(7) As per the response to question 6; artsACT did not tell unsuccessful applicants that there was no intention of funding organisations up to $100,000 per year in the Emerging Arts Organisation Investment funding stream.
The Arts Organisation Investment Program funding guidelines included indicative funding amounts for each of the three funding streams. The subsequent submitted applications had a high demand for funds. Applications were assessed against the criteria by artsACT staff and industry experts, and funding was awarded within the available budget.
Environment—box elder weed management
(Question No 994)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 2 December 2022:
(1) What work is being done to prevent the spread of Box Elder in Canberra.
(2) What areas in particular are suffering from Box Elder.
(3) What work is being done to protect our waterways from the spread of Box Elder.
Ms Vassarotti: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) The Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (EPSDD) and the Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate undertake control activities on Box Elder as part of their general woody weeds management programs.
2) Incursions of Box Elder may typically occur in the ACT’s urban areas. These incursions may typically occur around ponds or waterways. Infestations are mapped on the invasive weed operational dashboard which is available online at https://actgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/c6083d9db4f240c7a93f39dcb06244e2
3) Ongoing invasive plant programs target priority weeds that impact the environment, agriculture and community. Box Elders are controlled along with other weeds that pose a threat to the ACT’s natural environment. As part of the ACT Government’s additional investment in biosecurity ($2.9M over 4 years), the Biosecurity Response Team within EPSDD has greater capacity to respond to and control weeds such as Box Elder.
(Question No 997)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 2 December 2022: