Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 9 June 2022) . . Page.. 2067 ..
(4) TCCS do not contract any street sweeping services.
(5) Please see below street sweeping spend for the requested financial years for Roads ACT. The sweepers at City Presentation form part of the amenity cleaning program and their operational cost is not itemised.
(Exclusive of GST)
a) Approximately $1.8m spent
b) Approximately $1.4m spent
c) Approximately $1.9m spent
d) Approximately $2.8m spent
(6) As these vehicles are leased, TCCS does not hold current information on the purchase price of street sweeper machines.
(Question No 782)
Ms Clay asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 6 May 2022:
(1) Could the Minister detail how Transport Canberra and City Services determined that the proportion of the projects of (a) Monaro Highway Upgrade - $16,000,000, (b) Schools for our growing city — Kenny High School $1,968,000, (c) Northbourne Avenue Pavement - Part 2 $84,000, (d) Northbourne Avenue Pavement - Part 3 $75,000 and (e) Mawson Stormwater and Placemaking Improvements – Construction $300,000, were considered active travel expenditure.
(2) Which parts of these projects enable or are for the purpose of active travel.
(3) Do the projects involve separated walking and cycling paths or other targeted active travel infrastructure; if not, what infrastructure specifically do they include.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
a) The proportion of the Monaro Highway Upgrade expenditure expected to be spent on active travel infrastructure was estimated based on the design completed at the time the estimates were made. It relies on an indicative proportion of the works that will contribute to active travel outcomes based on prior experience with similar projects.
b) A construction cost estimate was prepared as part of the final design for the East Gungahlin High School supporting road infrastructure project (Schools for our growing city — Kenny High School).
c) Due to the nature of this project being rehabilitation of an existing asset, a proportion of the works value equivalent to the proportion of the road which accommodates on road cycle lanes was used to calculate this investment.