Page 2038 - Week 06 - Thursday, 9 June 2022
(4) How many of these complaints (a) were resolved or escalated and (b) remain unresolved or still under investigation.
(5) How many complaints are yet to be dealt with.
(6) Can the Minister provide information and numbers about who is making complaints (eg, patients/consumers, carers, health staff, management).
(7) How many complaints have resulted in legal action since 2016.
(8) How many of those complaints that have resulted in legal action have involved legal action against the ACT Government and can the Minister provide details and costs incurred to the Government.
(9) How long does it take to investigate a complaint on average including details by type of complaint.
(10) What is the procedure for managing, investigating and following up with Canberrans who lodge a health complaint.
(11) How many staff work/have worked for complaints platforms across the health system since 2016.
(12) How many of the complaints, which have been resolved since 2016, are/have been later reopened or escalated and why.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) Feedback can be provided to Canberra Health Services (CHS) in several ways, these include:
• Speaking with a CHS team member.
• Completing a Consumer and Carer Feedback Form and placing the form in one of the feedback blue boxes available across CHS facilities, or place in the Australia Post.
• Sending an email to email@example.com.
• Completing the online form on the CHS Internet site: https://www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au/forms/i-want-to-provide-feedback-about-a-public-health-service.
• Completing the feedback form via the ACT Health App.
• Calling the CHS Consumer Feedback and Engagement Team on 5124 5932.
Feedback about services provided by Calvary Public Hospital Bruce can be provided in several ways, these include:
• In-person to Calvary staff whilst admitted or attending outpatient services.
• Completing a “Patient Feedback” form available throughout the hospital.
• Completing the online form on the Calvary website: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/contact/feedback/
• Emailing Calvary’s Consumer Feedback team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Calling Calvary’s Consumer Feedback team on (02) 6264 7260.