Page 1428 - Week 04 - Thursday, 5 May 2022
(7) For CBRIN as an entity and key CBRIN staff, can the Minister provide details of involvement in capital raising including funds raised, nature and level of involvement, and details of successful exits (if applicable) since 2012, and for CBRIN since its establishment: (a) Pre-Seed Rounds, (b) Seed Rounds, (c) Series A Rounds, (d) Series B Rounds, (e) Series C Rounds and (f) Initial Public Offerings.
(8) Can the Minister provide detail on the nature of the involvement with CBRIN, including annual funding and number of staff provided of the (a) the Australian National University, (b) University of Canberra, (c) Canberra Institute of Technology and (d) Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) CBRIN is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee funded by the Territory. As CBRIN is not a government agency, the ACT Government does not have access to the information requested.
I have written to CBRIN seeking further detailed information in response to these questions. CBRIN may consider that some of the information requested is confidential. Clause 21.1 of the ACT Government’s 2019 Agreement with CBRIN requires that the Territory seek consent to release information deemed confidential.
(2) CBRIN is not required to provide to government annual pecuniary declarations.
(3) Refer to question 1 response.
(4) Refer to question 1 response.
(5) Refer to question 1 response.
(6) Refer to question 1 response.
(7) Refer to question 1 response.
(8) The ACT Government provides CBRIN base funding of $1.25 million per annum to 30 June 2023 to support its operations (2019 Agreement).
Representatives from the ACT Government attend CBRIN Board meetings in an observer capacity.
The CBRIN Board sets the level of Foundation Member contributions for each financial year during the Funding Period. Contributions will not be less than $50,000 per Foundation Member per annum and may be a cash contribution or an auditable in-kind contribution or a mix of the two.
The ACT Government does not hold information on the staff provided by those listed in the question.
(Question No 758)
Mr Parton asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 8 April 2022 (redirected to the Minister for Homelessness and Housing Services):