Page 1417 - Week 04 - Thursday, 5 May 2022
(7) The allocated budget for Gwydir Square, Duffy and Campbell shopping centre upgrades is $7.5m, this is inclusive of all internal fees/ costs, insurances and construction costs.
The original contract price for the Gwydir Square upgrade is $1,787,500.00.
(8) The project is currently within budget.
Mental health services—ACT Recovery College
(Question No 739)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Mental Health, upon notice, on 8 April 2022:
(1) How many people attended courses run by the ACT Recovery College (the pilot program).
(2) What was the final cost for the pilot program and how does that compare with the initial budget for the pilot.
(3) When was the evaluation report given to the Minister.
(4) How much did the evaluation report cost.
(5) Has the Government made a formal response to the evaluation report.
(6) Does the Minister intend to respond to the evaluation report; if so, how (eg, ministerial statement in the Legislative Assembly).
(7) Will the Government establish an ACT Recovery College following the pilot.
(8) What other education programs exist to support people with lived experience of mental health, now that the Recovery College pilot has finished.
(9) Can the Minister provide details on what feedback/correspondence the Minister/Government has received about the ACT Recovery College pilot.
Ms Davidson: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Approximately 323 individual students enrolled in various courses at the ACT Recovery College (the College) between May 2019 and June 2021. It should be noted that during 2020 in particular, no new students were enrolled during the transition to online delivery of courses whilst COVID-19 restrictions were in place.
(2) As per the response to the Question on Notice (Question No, 286) from the 4 June 2021, total funding of $1,078,000 was provided to the Pilot Program. This is made up of:
• 2018/2019 - $396,000 provided to Mental Health Community Coalition ACT (MHCCACT) service funding.