Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 5 May 2022) . . Page.. 1389 ..
The Guidelines are publicly available via the ACT Health Directorate website: https://health.act.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018-09/ACT%20Guidelines%20for%20Recreational%20Water%20Quality.pdf
(2) See response to question 1.
(3) ACT Health Directorate (ACTHD) undertakes sampling and analysis of designated primary contact recreational (swimming) sites for microbiological analysis. These are undertaken to manage risks to human users of the sites and results are assessed against the Guidelines.
ACTHD undertakes weekly sampling and analysis of primary contact recreational sites across ACT lakes and rivers during the recreational season (October-April). These include sites in Lake Ginninderra, Lake Tuggeranong, Molonglo Reach and along the Molonglo and Murrumbidgee river corridors.
Results of weekly sampling are published on the City Services website: www.cityservices.act.gov.au/news/news-and-events-items/water_quality_in_our_lakes_and_ponds
(4) As Yerrabi Pond is not a designated primary contact recreational site, it has not been subject to ACTHD testing. The Canberra Urban Lakes and Ponds Land Management Plan 2022 (the Plan) sets out a Vision for Canberra’s Urban Lakes and Ponds and a framework for the sustainable development and management of urban lakes and ponds, while meeting the management objectives as defined under the Planning and Development Act 2007.
The Plan is publicly available via the ACT Legislation Register: www.legislation.act.gov.au/View/di/2022-10/current/PDF/2022-10.PDF
Access Canberra—electrical safety inspections and audits
(Question No 704)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Business and Better Regulation, upon notice, on 8 April 2022:
(1) In relation to certificates of electrical safety, how many electrical inspections (ie, random audits) have been done each year since 2016, broken down by inspection type (eg, general electrical work, photovoltaic systems).
(2) How much does a random audit cost an ACT electrical company and what is the breakdown of each type of electrical inspection and the cost.
(3) How many defects has Access Canberra issued since 2016 from random audits by inspection type.
(4) How much revenue has Access Canberra received since 2016 from random audits and what is the breakdown of revenue by inspection type.
(5) How many audits of new installations have been completed by Access Canberra each year since 2016.