Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 22 March 2018) . . Page.. 1057 ..
To use that part of the premises known as Blocks 2 and 3 only for the purpose of a boatshed and associated activities of the Lessee PROVIDED THAT the boatshed shall only be constructed or located on Block 2 and it is FURTHER PROVIDED THAT the Lessee shall permit members of the public to use Block 3 for the purposes of rigging and launching of sailing boats and activities associated therewith.
Blocks 1, 2 & 3 Section 18 Yarralumla is located within Designated Land of the Territory Plan.
(4) A controlled activity order may be issued under the Planning and Development Act 2007 (PDA). A breach of a controlled activity order is a further 60 penalty unit offence.
(5) The YMCA Canberra has advised Access Canberra that they are a part of a national review of their corporate structure, the outcome of which may fundamentally change the nature of their operation in Yarralumla Bay, and requested permission to continue to occupy the premises until the outcome of the review is known. In response to their request, the YMCA has been advised that they can continue operating as they have been until the outcome of their national review is completed or until 31 December 2018 whichever comes first.
(6) Access Canberra is currently working with the YMCA to ensure that they will be compliant with their lease conditions after the review is completed.
In order to work with this organisation which has a long standing relationship with the community, Access Canberra is allowing them this period of time while the national review of their organisation is undertaken. Access Canberra is committed to regularly liaising with the YMCA to ensure that they achieve full compliance as soon as is practicable. The Government will consider any other enforcement under the PDA should they not cease the use within the identified timeframe.
Planning—COTA men’s shed
(Question No 938)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 23 February 2018 (redirected to the Treasurer):
(1) What was the building and site cost associated with the requirement for development approval for the COTA men’s shed.
(2) How many quotes or cost estimates did the directorate receive and did these quotes differ in scope.
(3) Can the Minister provide a copy of any estimates or quotes received.
(4) How did the plans that were costed differ from COTA’s original plans.
(5) Did the Government undertake any review looking at how to lower this cost.