Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 15 February 2018) . . Page.. 319 ..
2. Yes schools are restricted in their options for sponsorship.
3. No, alcohol companies are not able to sponsor activities run by ACT schools.
Housing—rental bond scheme
(Question No 843)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 1 December 2017:
(1) Further to the answer to question on notice No 653 in relation to the Rental Bonds Scheme, are people who are on government welfare benefits eligible to apply for a bond loan.
(2) How quickly are bond loans processed.
(3) How long does a person have to pay off the loan and what is the average repayment schedule.
(4) How is the bond loan scheme being promoted.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) People on statutory incomes may apply for the rental bond loans scheme providing they are within the income test thresholds applicable for their circumstances and meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme.
(2) For the period 1 July 2017 to 30 November 2017, the average time between receipt of application and approval of the bond loan was 10 calendar days.
(3) Rental Bond Loans are repaid over 20 months from the start of the repayment schedule. The repayment schedule begins no later than 3 months from the date the loan is granted. For the period from 1 July 2017 to 30 November 2017, the average amount paid per instalment was $26.98.
(4) Information about the rental bond loan scheme is available on the Community Services Directorate website. I have also taken the opportunity to write to key external stakeholders to highlight the scheme and encourage those who are eligible to apply.
ACTION bus service—bus shelters
(Question No 847)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 1 December 2017:
(1) Is advertising for alcohol allowed on Adshel private bus shelters.
(2) What are the terms of their contract.
(3) Are there any other restrictions in their contract.