Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5603 ..
(8) On a case-by-case basis a refundable cleaning deposit of $200 is imposed. If the hirer is unable to return the facility they are utilising in a good clean condition, centre management will utilise the cleaning deposit to pay a contractor to clean the space for use by other organisations.
(9) All hirers of the facility sign an agreement to abide by the Hire Condition and Agreements for use of the facilities (at Attachment A).
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
(Question No 875)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 1 December 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Sport and Recreation):
(1) Can the Gungahlin Little Athletics Centre and Gungahlin Jets Football Club be provided with secure and readily accessible storage facilities for their equipment at Amaroo Playing Fields.
(2) Will the ACT Government commit to an allocation of funds in the next ACT Budget for this purpose.
(3) Will the ACT Government provide shading for spectators and families attending summertime sporting events at Amaroo Playing Fields.
(4) Will the ACT Government urgently address the lack of safe parking at Amaroo Playing Fields particularly in proximity to the lower oval areas.
(5) Given that an off-oval area at the north western end of the second oval has several shot/ discus circles but the surrounding grass area, where the thrown implements land, is often unmown and can present safety problems, do the off-oval areas warrant a more frequent schedule of maintenance due to their proximity to undeveloped land.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Gungahlin Jets Football Club currently have a large storage shed at Amaroo Playing Fields. Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) have supported the placement of five shipping containers for equipment storage for Gungahlin Little Athletics and Gungahlin Jets Football Club.
(2) The above-mentioned storage facilities are anticipated to be sufficient to meet the needs of the sporting organisations.
(3) Perimeter tree canopies provide shade for spectators. TCCS enables the use of temporary shade structures by clubs and spectators at all ACT Government sportsgrounds.
(4) There are currently no plans to increase the parking capacity at Amaroo Playing Fields. There are 167 car parking spaces associated with the ovals, with ample opportunity to park at the Amaroo School at peak times.