Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5600 ..
(7) Can the Minister provide an outline of the maintenance and insurance arrangements for the hydrogen cars integrated into the Government fleet, and whether private entities will be involved or part of any arrangements.
(8) What are the expected maintenance costs of the hydrogen cars that will be incurred after the integration of the cars into the Government fleet.
(9) What will happen to the hydrogen cars once the trial has concluded.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) No. As an outcome of the ACT’s fourth renewable electricity reverse auction, Hornsdale Windfarm 3 committed to procure a fleet of 20 Hyundai hydrogen cars for use in the government fleet or as otherwise directed by government. In co-operation with Hyundai and Siemens, Hornsdale Windfarm 3 also undertook to provide infrastructure and expertise to support the necessary hydrogen production, refuelling and servicing facilities.
(2) The precise number of refuelling stations is subject to detailed project planning, which is currently underway.
(3) The construction of refuelling stations will be managed by Hornsdale Windfarm.
(4) Operating arrangements for the refuelling stations are subject to detailed project planning.
(5) No. Hornsdale Windfarm 3, in co-operation with Hyundai, is providing the fleet of 20 hydrogen cars to the Territory.
(6) The Government has not committed to the purchase of further hydrogen vehicles.
(7) All aspects of vehicle maintenance and servicing will be provided by Hyundai. It is anticipated that insurance arrangements for the vehicles would be managed by SGFleet, as with other ACT Government fleet vehicles.
(8) Hyundai will provide maintenance and services at no cost to the ACT over the lifetime of the vehicles.
(9) Subject to the outcomes of the trial, the cars may continue to form part of the government fleet.
Roads—accident black spots
(Question No 872)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 1 December 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Transport and City Services):
(1) What is the total number of road accidents located at, and near the Tillyard and Ginninderra Drives intersection each year for the years 2003–2011.
(2) What is the total number of road accidents resulting in injuries located at, and near this intersection each year for the years 2003–2011.