Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5558 ..
Roads—William Slim Drive
(Question No 812)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 November 2017:
(1) Has the Minister’s directorate conducted an analysis of road usage, numbers of vehicles or volume of traffic for William Slim Drive.
(2) What was the most recent analysis conducted.
(3) Was the speed of traffic recorded during this analysis.
(4) During which periods of the year was this analysis conducted.
(5) During which periods of the day was the analysis conducted.
(6) What is the volume of traffic that enters from Owen Dixon Drive.
(7) Is there a significant volume of traffic entering or exiting at Baldwin Drive; if so, what is that volume of that traffic.
(8) What has been the impact of the Barton Highway roundabout construction on (a) the volume of traffic, (b) the speed of traffic and (c) traffic jams along William Slim as is passes by Giralang.
(9) What is the volume and speed of traffic that was recorded on William Slim Drive, for each of the categories referred to in part (8) for different (a) periods of the year, (b) times of the day and (c) sections of William Slim drive.
(10) What are the number of accidents recorded along William Slim Drive including (a) along the entire length of the road, (b) as it approaches each of the roundabouts and (c) on the Barton highway roundabout.
(11) What are the nature of those accidents referred to in part (10).
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Yes, a survey was undertaken between Ginninderra Drive and Dumas Street.
(2) Traffic volume, vehicle classification and traffic speed.
(3) The traffic speeds recorded between Ginninderra Drive and Dumas Street:
Towards Ginninderra Drive
Average Speed = 74.0 km/h
Towards Dumas Street
Average Speed = 72.9 km/h
(4) The counter was installed on 23 February 2016 and removed on 5 March 2016.
(5) Data was collected over 24 hours each day.
(6) No data is currently available for this intersection.