Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5542 ..
(8) The trial is being led by industry firms outlined above.
Roads—speed and red light cameras
(Question No 799)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Justice, Consumer Affairs and Road Safety, upon notice, on 27 October 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):
(1) Has the red light camera at the intersection of Northbourne Avenue, Antill Street, and Mouat Street with camera location code 1006 been removed; if so, can the Minister outline (a) which agency made the decision to remove the camera, (b) how and why the decision was made, (c) when the red light camera was removed and (d) whether the construction of the Light Rail network influenced the decision, or necessitated the removal of the camera.
(2) Have any red light or speed cameras been removed due to the construction of the Light Rail network; if so, can the Minister outline (a) the location of the removed camera, (b) which agency made the decision to remove the camera, (c) how and why that decision was made and (d) when the red light camera was removed.
(3) Can the Minister provide the total number and location of each red light and speed camera removed in (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17 and (c) 2017-18 to date.
(4) Can the Minister provide the (a) total number of infringements and (b) total value of the infringements, for each camera identified in part (3) during (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017-18 to date.
(5) Can the Minister provide the (a) total number of infringements and (b) total value of the infringements captured by red light and speed cameras in (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017-18 to date.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(a) The re-alignment of the intersection for light rail meant that the device would be inside the operating envelope. Access Canberra and JACSD determined that, as the intersection ranked highly in the Martin Small report, the intersection should continue to have a detection device installed. Accordingly, the decision was made to move the device to the verge.
(b) See response above.
(c) The camera was turned off at 09:16 hrs and removed on 5 October 2017 and it is not yet known when the camera will be reinstalled on the verge in the new location.
(2) Yes. See response to Q1. None in addition to this.
(a) Intersection of Northbourne Avenue, Antill Street, and Mouat Street.
(b) See response to Q1 part (a).
(c) See response to Q1 part (a).
(d) See response to Q1 part (c).